Less is more for your cover letter.
Don’t write a long rambling cover letter because the people you are sending it to may not have time to read through them all.
While the cover letter is important – the contents of the CV is more important.
For us the cover letter is not as important. Depending on how long it is, we’ll skim through it absolutely. But it’s the contents of the CV. Skills and experience, laid out in an easy to read format. You can see the timing, their study, that’s more important than the way they have constructed the sentence.
For Accenture, focus on your CV and make sure it’s really good. I would recommend having an introductory paragraph at the top of your CV.
When writing your cover letter here are some important tips
Keep it short
State the position you are applying for
State where you saw the position advertised
Briefly highlight your value – and how you think you can help the company
Try and infuse some personality
- Advanced Analytics Project Manager for Global Oil & Gas Retailer
- Translated ideas into project proposals including solution design, timeline, NPV and resource requirements
- Delivered a price optimisation solution which increased retailer profit and simplified category management process
- Analysed offer campaigns using SQL, Alteryx and Power BI to explain their success rate to the CRM business
- Project: Reporting Team Development Lead, on an enterprise business intelligence project for a Tier 1 Irish Retail bank
- Created regulatory reporting specifications with business SMEs
- Managed team of developers to build extensive data mart ETLs for tableau reports & self-serve data sources, allowing end-users to interrogate harmonized data
- Built SQL reports to reconcile integrated data warehouse account balance with individual source systems
- Operational Risk Analyst on a divestment project for a Tier 1 UK Retail bank - designed a an operational risk profile and accompanying visualisation tool to reduce uncertainty for decision-makers
- Data Analyst on a remediation project for a Tier 1 UK Retail bank - conducted link analysis between financial records and customer interview/communication history to identify and calculate customer refunds for complex financial products
- PL/SQL Developer for global leader in Customer Data Analytics - Built complex PL/SQL reports to profile retail customers and stores in 80bn row Oracle Exadata database - reducing report execution times from hours to minutes
- Conducted open source research on target competitors, collating and analyzing with a remote team
- Delivered a competitor profiling product which provided strategic actionable intelligence on competitors and market trends for decision-makers
- Open Source research on global political & technology trends, and other specified targets
- Created bi-weekly short form analytical reports for a decision-maker.
- Proficient use of Palantir to collate open source data, and i2 Analyst Notebook for link-charting
- Investigating & understanding business problems, presenting findings succinctly to decision makers
- Establishes trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experienced in full agile & waterfall life-cycle of technical project delivery - from solution design to implementation, test & Support KT
- Strong research, writing and presentation skills
- Experienced Data Analyst & Data Engineer - integrating data sources, systems and technologies to perform data analysis and answer business questions
- Proficient in SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Teradata, SQL Server, Alteryx, SAS, Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI
- Financial Services, Retail and Oil & Gas industry experience