The only effective way of improving my English is to use it, as often as possible.
In school, the only time when English is used is during English lessons. That certainly is not enough. So wherever possible I speak English with some friends and teachers who will or can speak English with me.
Reading book, magazines and newspapers are good ways of improving my English. On the whole they are grammatically correct. We may speak incorrect English and get away with it. Not so with printed words, they have to be correct. Through reading, I learned how to use correct English in writing and speaking, though at times I still speak the broken English that many of us speak here.
Watching television and listening to the radio are two more ways of improving my English. English as it is spoken by the English, Americans, Malaysians and others are distinctly different.
So I continue to use English, that is, hear, read, speak and write it. Some of my friends only hear and read it. They can hardly speak or write it, but I will not be like them. I will try my best to master it.
1. America: Land of Opportunity
2. The Fourth of July
3. The U.S. Federal Government
4. Christmas – A Holiday of Traditions
5. New Year's Day – A Holiday of New Beginnings
6. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – To Remember a Civil Rights Leader
7. Valentine's Day – A Holiday of Love and Friendship
8. St. Patrick's Day – A Holiday to Celebrate the Irish
9. Passover – A Jewish Holiday of Remembering
10. Easter – An Important Christian Holiday
11. Mother's Day – A Holiday to Honor Motherhood
12. Father's Day – A Holiday to Honor Fatherhood
13. Memorial Day – A Holiday to Remember Fallen Soldiers
14. Labor Day – A Holiday to Honor Workers
15. Columbus Day –A Holiday to Remember an Explorer
16. Halloween – A Holiday for Costumes and Candy
17. Veterans Day – A Holiday Honoring All Soldiers
18. Chanukah – A Holiday of Lights
19. Thanksgiving – Families Coming Together
20. Lottery – A Chance at Millions
21-40 | 41-60 | 61-80 | 81--100 | 101-120 | 121-140 | 141-160 | 161-180 | 181-200 | 201-220 | 221-240 | 241-260 | 261-280 | 281-300 | 301-320 | 321-340 | 341-365 |