A cover letter is a formal explanation of your work skills to a potential employer and can be a valuable opportunity to expand on your qualifications. It is not simply a repeat of your resume. In fact, many applicants use this writing opportunity to show off skills in communication, explanation, and even persuasion. The tone can offer insights into your professionalism or even how personable you are, so it’s clear why crafting a cover letter with care is important. Use the free personal banker cover letter sample below as inspiration.
Free Personal Banker Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Strauss,
With consumers becoming more savvy about their finances, the best banks are those that provide thoughtful, expert analysis and personal banking guidance. I bring several years of experience providing top-notch banking service and would like to extend my talents to the advertised position of personal banker with your firm.
With an MBA from Harvard as well as extensive experience working in various capacities throughout the financial sector, I believe my education, banking prowess, and job training make me the perfect fit for this position.
Your firm expressed interest in a candidate who has experience building customer loyalty. I bring a track record of strong customer relations and account maintenance. I am well-versed in general banking procedures, including opening and closing accounts as well as the rules of mortgaging, investing, and borrowing.
I offer nearly a decade of experience helping consumers manage their money. I would be thrilled to speak with you further to learn more about this job. Please be in touch, and thank you for your time.
What to Include in a Personal Banker Cover Letter
There are a few general rules to abide by when you write your own version of this free personal banker cover letter sample. For a job in this traditional field, it’s important to maintain a professional, formal tone. Open with a personal greeting, such as Mr. or Ms., and be sure to close with a thank you. Stick to the standard letter format, and try to keep the length to about four or five paragraphs. Try to repeat language from the job description, as shown in the sample, to show hiring managers that you have done your research.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
The best cover letters mention job skills. We included a few our free personal banker cover letter sample, but here are a few additional traits that are particularly valuable in banking:
• Friendliness: Bankers are with customers every day, so you should be approachable and personable.
• Organized: You will need to be able to juggle various duties and help customers with many different types of banking needs.
• Strong Communicator: Personal bankers are able to explain, promote, and cross sell a variety of bank products, including loans, CDs, and IRAs.
• Tech Savvy: You will need to have a strong understanding of basic data-entry software.
Personal Banker Cover Letter
Personal Bankers provide financial support to their clients and help them manage their money. Typical job duties of a Personal Banker include handling personal accounts, completing banking duties, meeting clients, providing advice on investment options, and answering to client inquiries. These professionals need good marketing skills in order to promote their services and build a customer base.
Based on our collection of Personal Banker cover letter samples, essential qualifications for the job are:
- Banking industry knowledge
- Financial acumen and forecasting abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and persuasion
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Problem-solving orientation
Similar skills can be seen in the Personal Banker example cover letter featured below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Personal Banker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. O’Neil:
When I learned of B&D’s need for a Personal Banker, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an enthusiastic and driven professional with experience in managing client financial account services, driving increased sales, and providing exceptional customer service, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
During my career, I have gained comprehensive experience and knowledge in customer relationship management, product sales strategies, and general operational leadership. My demonstrated success in assessing customer needs and requirements, along with collaborating with and motivating top-performing teams, positions me to make a significant impact on B&D’s overall performance.
Highlights of my experience include…
- More than 7 years of experience as a Personal / Relationship Banker with the Community Bank of Anaheim, providing overarching support in account service / management, product cross-sales, customer needs assessment, and new business development.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, management teams, and peers to maximize client retention and satisfaction and drive financial product / service sales.
- Earning ongoing accolades from customers for unparalleled customer service skills.
- Demonstrating superior presentation, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
With my experience in the banking and finance industry, combined with my proven record of excellence in sales and my inherent communication and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.