Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles
Essay on The Benefits of The Internet
684 Words3 Pages
The Benefits of The Internet
Thinking about the internet reminds me of something that was said in my history class. My professor was lecturing about the early colonies in America and how the men of that time had to sail up and down coasts in order to make maps. They had to actually draw these landscapes as they saw them. This process would sometimes take years to accomplish. I realized that the technology our ancestors used could today be accomplished in seconds versus years. I have access, at the touch of a button, to maps from satellites miles above the earth. I can go shopping without ever moving my legs and communicate with friends and family all over the world, which was once nearly impossible. What an advantage I have over…show more content…
Roswell is a city that I really have trouble with in this area, every building looks the same and all the roads sound the same. If it weren't for the directions that I received in Travelocity.com I would have never made it to pick up my prom dress last year. With school and work filling most of my schedule anything that saves me time is a lifesaver. Therefore I shop on the internet as much as possible. For instance, when I was in high school, I hated having to drive to a book store to acquire my summer reading books. I once spent a whole day searching for one book at several different book stores all over town and the town next to mine; only to find out that almost every kid in my grade, and at every school in the surrounding counties was buying and looking for the same books. All of us were buying out and harassing the clerks for theses books at stores such as Barnes and Nobles, local bookstores such as Jillian's Books, and Walden Books. What a waste of time! There is so much merchandise , like my books, that can be purchased over the internet. E-Bay is also a place where everyday people buy and sell personal items and equipment. My brother, Ben, loves E-Bay because this is where he finds accessories to his 1972 master craft boat which he is re-building. E-Bay has introduced him to a whole new world of shopping. With out it he would still be searching for the limited items that he has