20 Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
An argumentative essay is designed to explain to your reader information about one side of an argument. It is a lot like a persuasive essay because the idea is to explain one side of an issue but the idea is to present the facts without your opinion involved. A persuasive essay would display personal opinions. So for an argumentative essay simply state which side of the issue you believe in and then give your reasoning as to why you believe it.
There are some great topics to consider when choosing a topic for your argumentative essay. You would choose a topic that interests you. Once you have the topic, answer the question and then support your answer with at least three reasons why you believe it. For example, if you take the first option on the list, you can write that sports should not be coed and then tell your reader three reasons why it shouldn’t be coed.
- Should sports be coed?
- Should schools sell fast food?
- Should students wear school uniforms?
- Should there be harsher punishments for bullying?
- Is it fair to ban preteenagers and teenagers from the mall without adult supervision?
- Should there be less homework?
- When are you old enough to stay home alone?
- Should middle school students still have a bed time?
- Does summer school benefit the student?
- How would you change the school lunch menu?
- Should school sports be mandatory?
- Do kids watch too much television?
- Should kids have chores?
- Should you have to wear your seat belt on the bus?
- Should students who play sports still have to take Gym class?
- Should children be more concerned with what they eat so that they don’t have health problems when they get older?
- Should you get a larger allowance?
- Should school be year round with more breaks to improve education?
- Do violent games and television shows make kids violent?
- Should your school have a school newspaper?
Any one of these topics would work well. They are designed to establish a question pertaining to a conflicted view and then challenge yourself to prove your stance. Therefore, you would tell your side of the dispute and then for each body paragraph talk about a different reason why you believe it.
10 Smart Ideas For A High School Essay About American History
As it is know today, America is the world superpower. However, this is a status that did not come on a silver platter. Tracing American history from the days of Agricultural revolution through the era of civil rights activism to present day first world, there is plenty one can learn. Right from high school, students are expected to partake on a wide range of essay writing and one of them is American history. On this premise, the big question then is; what is there to be studied on American history? Also, what are some of the smartest ideas one should look into when doing an essay on American history?
Well, there is no doubt plenty has been written on regarding American history but when it comes to crafting an academic article worth good grades, one ought to take some time looking for an ideal topic and this should go along way into ensuring everything is well researched. At high school level, essay writing is not as involving as it is at tertiary levels of learning. A student is always expected to come up with a catchy topic but this is only possible through comprehensive topic research. There is no doubt that topic ideas based on American history are in their thousands and so, one should narrow down to what would count as the smartest of the ideas. In this post, we take you through a number of smart ideas for American history essay. Apart from this, we also recommend that you go to this link for more information on the same.
- Americaâs history is agreeably one of the most interesting and widest in the study of history of the world.
- On this premise, there are so many topics you come looked into. To begin with, a topic like: How human rights movements shaped modern day America is definitely a good topic.
- When it comes to political history, you can take a look at the presidents of America and in this one in whose era many constitutional amendments took place.
- The colonization of America and how it led to industrialization
- The Americaâs contribution to civil rights activism
- America in the medieval era. A look at social segregation
- Significance of America in the study of world history
- Democratization of America and its role in social equality around the world
- How America played a part in ending world war two
- What role did America play in ending slave trade and slavery?