Sample Business School Essays
Since many business school admissions officers encourage applicants to “write less, say more,” it is important to communicate your background and career ambitions in a concise and clear way. The essay gives admissions officers an opportunity to learn who you are, where you're going, what you have done and why their school is right for you. Use this small space to give the admissions officers a deeper sense of who you are by answering the prompt with brevity.
This section contains three sample business school essays:
- Business School Essay One - The Business of Recovery
- Business School Essay Two - Leadership in Action
- Business School Essay Three - Repair and Restore
The Business of Recovery — Sample Essay One
Prompt: What are your career goals? What skills do you expect to gain from studying at ABC Business School and how will they contribute to your professional career? (500 words).
Watching my brother transform from a man who had lost his ability to walk to a man who can play basketball with my father kindled my fascination of the physical therapy world. The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates the field of physical therapy to grow faster than average in the upcoming years. I hope to join this field during an exciting time of growth, furthering the rehabilitation of those who have been injured.
Following graduation from ABC Business School, I intend to serve a marketing team in a local physical therapy company, such as Ridgeview Physical Therapy. My short-term goal is to lead a team, furthering success in the Ridgeview area. Due to the popular physical therapy company thirty miles from Ridgeview, much of the local population is unaware of the quality services Ridgeview Physical Therapy has to offer. I hope to increase visits by 40 percent in the first 5 years of my employment. My long-term goal includes extending the company’s reach into surrounding cities, and eventually beyond national barriers, becoming a global marketing manager.
I expect to gain skills and experiences from ABC Business School that will propel my short and long-term goals. I hope to develop an experiential and diverse learning experience and have the opportunity to interact with different groups of people to learn from their business insights and endeavours. From ABC Business School, I seek the tools and resources needed to further engage in my marketing knowledge, perform professional strategic analyses, and re-evaluate my past work experiences. I look forward to taking courses from Professor Jim. W. Reid, who has published the research of the success of Matthews and Marketing in his book, “Matthews Commerce,” which has helped me continue my career this far. I also look forward to taking the unique classes taught by Professor Rachel E. Davis, introducing me to the physical therapy world and enriching my business skills in that area.
When my brother’s car accident in 2011 caused immobility in his left leg, he never thought he would be able to play his favorite sport again. David Andrews, a 1994 graduate from ABC Business School, ensured that that would not come to pass. I spoke with Andrews about his journey, and he told me that it was through the opportunities and education he received from the professors and students at ABC Business School that helped him open his own practice. I hope to follow in Andrews’s footsteps. With the passion I have for the success of Ridgeview Physical Therapy, and the determination I learned from watching my brother, all I need to complete my goals is the knowledge available to me through an MBA at ABC Business School. I look forward to completing my career aspirations using the tools received from ABC Business School to contribute to my professional career.
The world of physical therapy is growing, and with my skills in marketing, I hope to grow the local Ridgeview services across the globe.
In this essay, the applicant is assigned to answer the prompt in approximately 500 words. The admissions officer expects a clear and concise essay that does not veer off the question and exemplifies quality writing, grammar, and punctuation. In questions similar to these, the admissions officers are looking for:
- Student’s understanding and knowledge in answering questions: The writer explains his short and long-term career goals, referencing the future of the career (Bureau of Labor Statistics) and quantifying his goals (Increase by 40 percent within the first 5 years).
- A deeper look into who the applicant is: Writer shares personal information that also relates to answering the question (brother in physical therapy). Make sure that any personal information you share does not veer off of the question that needs to be answered.
- Proper research on the school to adequately answer the second question: Student mentions names of professors who have demonstrated help in the past (professor’s business research book) giving credibility to the student that he believes they will be able to help him in the future. Avoid flattery and only speak of the school in a way that shows proper research and answers the question presented.
Leadership in Action — Sample Essay Two
Prompt: Present evidence of your leadership capacity and/or potential. (Approx. 550 words)
Nancy, the CEO of Jasmine Publishing House, bought me a coffee and told me I should invest in warm gloves as we sat down at a corner diner for what would be a game-changing business meeting. As the leading publishing house in Europe, Nancy informed me that JPH was interested in closing a multi-million dollar deal with our fashion magazine, Zoelle, provided we changed the magazine's appearance to attract a broader European audience.
As production manager, my job was to lead and supervise a staff of 30 to match Nancy's vision, working closely with the design team, photographers, production staff and marketing team. After three weeks of heavy brainstorming, we developed a fresh appearance for the magazine.
I invited Nancy to a meeting with me and three of our executive producers. I shared with her the strategy we had created in order to solve our appearance problem, as well as estimated costs and complications. Nancy agreed that the direction our magazine was going fit well with her vision and audience, and that JPH would be happy to work with us within the next week.
Although the team was excited to accept the offer, I was concerned that we were not prepared to complete the project so quickly. Though the executive producers did not understand, as our production team was to begin work on the next issue the following day, I explained that there may include deep financial consequences if we rush into the process. I wanted to ensure that JPH received a consistent layout from Zoelle magazine. Nancy agreed to wait until the upcoming issue was complete before beginning work on the new look.
We began work the following Tuesday, after the latest issue was produced. I collaborated with an eight member marketing team to develop new branding for our magazine and mediated this branding with the design team, ensuring that it was able to blend well with their ideas and insights based on the first meeting with Nancy. I led the operation of the first issue to be published via JPH, supervising 30 employees.
After the issue was published, our sales increased by 42 percent in the first week. After leading the Zoelle team to a business deal close and a fresh start, I learned that with the proper leadership, a staff of varied talents, insights and opinions can work closely together to produce a magazine that continues to increase its sells each issue. My initiative helped provide Zoelle with its largest new contract that year, a $2 million deal. Customers from Europe and the United States commented with positive remarks on the new look, showing interest in the replacement of the former look, which had been being published for seven years.
After this leadership experience, I was able to see my potential as a leader. I can communicate effectively with all members of a group and help connect them with one another to make a larger picture. I protect my business discernment even against an upset crowd, and am able to properly persuade others to understand other perspectives. Through learning more about leadership every day with my work in Zoelle, I hope to continue to strengthen these abilities and witness the success they can bring to media production.
In this essay, the applicant was asked to detail her leadership abilities through the application of a relevant example. She was asked to do this in approximately 550 words, using concise language and proper grammar and punctuation. In questions similar to these, the admissions officers are looking for:
- Applicant's ability to share leadership qualities with a relevant example: This writer shared leadership qualities of communication (brainstorming with different staffs and helping them connect their ideas together), listening (brainstorming and understanding staff concerns), delegating (ensuring each team did what was supposed to be done), and managing (managed and supervised a staff of 30) through the use of an example from her work with Zoelle Magazine.
- Proof of a potential growth in these leadership skills: The writer hopes to “continue to strengthen” her leadership skills. She provides examples of how she learned from previous leadership roles.
- How these skills will help further your career: The writer used an example from her current career and concluded her essay with a look into the potential of leadership in her field.
Repair and Restore — Sample Essay Three
Prompt: Describe a challenging situation you have faced in the past. How did you overcome the challenge? (450 Words)
I looked across my celebratory cheesecake and beamed up at my new coworkers. I couldn't believe I had finally landed my dream job. All of the senior editors were having lunch in the cafe across the street from the bakery where the finance team and marketing team shared dessert. I had been hired as a budget analyst at my favorite magazine. My job was to work alongside the business manager to help create a more healthy marriage between the finance and marketing departments, thus improving our sales and workplace environment. On my way home, I reflected on my relief in finally having an exciting and secure career.
Just three months later, we met at the same bakery where I had celebrated my new job. Every department from our small, close-knit staff was present. As the publication manager began to tell us the news, I remember how our faces fell. Our publication company was going out of business, and every publication was to be shut down. She explained that they had tried to find another publishing company without success.
Not only did I feel as though I failed the company, I also knew that I, as well as the other 17 employees, was out of a job. We went back to our offices and packed up our things. Writers and designers were frantically calling around, asking for open positions. An employee from the finance department began tweaking his resume, and the marketing department apologized to the publication manager and editor-in-chief, who responded graciously.
I had to leave my apartment not long after losing my job. I stayed with a friend on the north side of town as I tried to find a job in a shrinking economic suburb. It took six months to find a position, and though I had to move and leave behind my dream, I found a new way to work toward my new dream.
From this experience, I learned the importance of adaptability. Only through my ability to embrace the change happening around me was I able to find a new job and start a new life with new visions and goals. Applying for my MBA would have sounded bizarre to the disheartened, homeless idealist who lost her dream. But now, after finding in me the strength to persevere, I am able to take what I learned from my previous job and pair it with what I learn from the university. This knowledge will help me ensure that the future companies I work with will not have to endure a similar fallout.
However, if there comes a time when I am again involved in a lost company, I know how to repair. I know how to restore.
In this essay, the applicant was asked to recall a challenging situation to which the writer overcame the boundaries. The writer was asked to do this in approximately 450 words, using concise language and proper grammar and punctuation. In questions similar to these, the admissions officers are looking for:
- Applicant's ability to identify a challenging moment in her life: This writer uses a relevant example of a challenging situation, describing the challenge of losing a job, losing housing, and having to move to a different city.
- Examples of how the applicant overcame these challenges: The writer cites her “adaptability” as the reason why she was able to overcome this challenge. Instead of giving up, the applicant tells of applying for other jobs, even ones that were out of her comfort zone and in another city.
- Brief insights to what the applicant learned from the challenge: This writer learned how to maintain strength, perseverance and adaptability in challenging situations. The applicant tells of continuing the learning process in her MBA program and allowing it to help future companies.
Here are our top five tips for writing a business school admissions essay:
- State specific reasons as to why you are a good “fit” for the school, rather than simply stating “I am the ideal candidate for your program.” Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Use real life examples in your essay. This will help to bring your essay to life.
- If you’ve taken an unorthodox path to business school, don’t be afraid to play that up. Business schools appreciate those who are unafraid to take risks.
- Thoroughly research your target schools in order to have a clear idea of how to appeal to each of them. Every school is looking for something different in their students.
- Avoid flattery. A good school knows that it’s good, and telling them so just wastes valuable space in your essay. Use that space to talk yourself up, instead.
Scholarship Essay Sample and Examples
MyAssignmenthelp.com has gained the status of the leading scholarship essay writing service. Getting into one of the top colleges is the first step towards a successful career. But it costs a fortune to acquire a college degree. Therefore, several scholarships have been introduced to help bright, ambitious and intelligent individuals achieve their goals. Students applying for scholarships face fierce competition. They are required to submit an impeccable and informative essay to get financial help. Those who do not want to undermine their chances of getting scholarship should seek online essay assistance for scholarship essays, from our seasoned writers. Our scholars will guide you to compose a winning essay. We provide scholarship essay free samples written by our experts for better understanding of the students who are searching for “do my essay”. We cater to thousands of applicants in UK, Australia, USA, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, etc on regular basis. We have a pool of experienced essay writers from every field like management, science, humanities, social sciences, etc. Most importantly, we provide scholarship essay writing help at the best price in the industry.
Know the experts from whom you will get scholarship essay guidance
We boast an in-house team of highly-qualified essay experts. This team includes:
- Native writers who have acquired their academic degrees from renowned colleges and universities of countries like Australia, UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, etc
- Experts who have completed their doctorate degrees from top universities such as Oxford University, Harvard University, University of Queensland, Monash University, Cambridge University, Pennsylvania State University, University of British Columbia, etc
- Industry practitioners from different sectors like IT, nursing, Management, medical, etc
All of our writers have several years of experience. They have excellent linguistic skills and in-depth subject knowledge to provide students step by step guide for essay writing. Most importantly, they are well-adapted to each and every aspect of scholarship essay writing.
Learn how to write a college scholarship essay from our scholarship essay experts
According to our proficient writers, there is no particular way to draft a winning essay. Uniqueness is the key to success. They basically suggest the following tips for composing an excellent scholarship essay.
- Read and re-read the scholarship essay prompts
First, it is required to read and re-read the scholarship essay prompts for identifying the key themes.
- Understand the key themes
Without understanding the meaning of the key themes, it is impossible to compose an impeccable essay. It is required to understand each idea presented in the essay prompt. It is also important to correlate all the ideas.
- Do a research on the theme or concept
After that, it is recommended to carry out a successful research on the theme for acquiring in-depth knowledge. Students need to write down all the important points while conducting the research.
- Create a hook in the introduction
It is required to create a hook in the introductory paragraph to grab the attention of the readers. There are several ways to create a hook. Some of them are:
- Staring the introduction with a quote
- Starting the introduction with a metaphor
- Starting the introduction with a rhetorical question
- Starting the introduction with background information
The introductory paragraph should inform the audience what is going to be discussed in the main body.
- Answer the underlying questions
It is required to answer all the underlying questions in the main body of the essay. This is the most effective way to draft an informative scholarship essay.
- Include examples, data and stats
It is recommended to include examples, stats and data in the essay to make it more appealing.
- Adopt a particular approach to deal with the theme
Students need to adopt a unique approach to deal with the theme. This will help them compose a well-organized essay or top quality essays.
- Include keywords or synonyms of keywords in the essay
It is required to include keywords or synonyms of the keywords in the scholarship essay to make it more apt.
- Write an informative thesis statement
Thesis statement is the most significant part of an essay. Therefore, students need to be very careful while writing this statement. This statement should be informative and catchy. It must throw light on the main theme and the author’s own viewpoint.
- Conclusion should restate the main theme
The conclusion of the essay should restate the main theme. Any new concept cannot be introduced in the concluding paragraph.
It is recommended to stick to the main theme or concept. Evaluators mainly assess an essay based on how the theme has been dealt with.
- Follow the instructions strictly
It is required to follow all the instructions strictly. This is the only way to impress the evaluators.
- Edit and proofread the essay
There should not be any grammatical or punctuation error in the scholarship essay. It is required to edit and proofread the essay to remove all the mistakes.
For more tips, students need to avail scholarship essay writing help or best essay writing help from us. As it is about their career, they should not take any risk. They should get their scholarship essays written by our highly-qualified experts.
What students can get to learn from our top quality scholarship essay samples and examples?
Students can get to learn about the following things from our high quality scholarship essay samples and examples.
A particular writing style has to be adopted for composing a winning scholarship essay. Most of the students are not familiar with that style. They should go through the scholarship essay samples drafted by our experts for having a clear idea about that style.
An essay has a particular structure. It basically comprises of three main sections - introduction, main body, and conclusion. This format has to be maintained. Students who have inadequate knowledge about the structure of an essay must read our samples of scholarship essays.
- Ways to write an engaging introduction
Evaluators have to check thousands of scholarship essays. They do not have time to read the entire essay thoroughly. They basically go through the introduction and conclusion. Therefore, the introductory paragraph has to interesting and informative. There are multiple ways to compose a catchy introduction. Students can easily get acquainted with all those ways by reading the sample scholarship essays or scholarship essay examples provided by us.
All the data included in the scholarship essay have to be analyzed. There are various data analysis techniques and methods. Students can get to know about those techniques and methods from our scholarship essay samples.
- How to compose a well-justified conclusion
As mentioned earlier, evaluators read the concluding paragraph minutely. Therefore, the conclusion has to be well-written and well-justified. A scholarship essay can be concluded in several ways. Students who want to familiarize themselves with those ways should go through our samples of scholarship essays.
- How to maintain coherency in the content
Many students fail to maintain the coherency in the content. As a result, their scholarship applications get rejected. There has to be a logical progression of thoughts in the content. Those who are not well-acquainted with this aspect of scholarship essay writing should read the samples provided by us.
What are the basic guidelines for formatting scholarship essays?
Students who often wonder, “How to write a winning scholarship essay for top universities” should consult our experts. Our experienced writers opine that a scholarship essay has to be formatted properly. Scholarship committees read essay after reviewing the format. Therefore, students need to pay attention when it comes to formatting their scholarship essays. According to our scholars, the below mentioned guidelines can be followed while formatting an essay.
- Students need to follow all the formatting related instructions provided by the universities and colleges
- It is suggested to print the essay on quality paper
- The essay has to be written in a legible and professional font. Script fonts cannot be used. Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Verdana, and Tahoma are the most recommended fonts
- Students should not use small fonts. It is recommended to use 14 point for headings and 10-12 for the body
- It is suggested not to crease the paper unnecessarily
- The essay has to be reviewed for checking grammatical and spelling errors.
For more tips on formatting, students can seek scholarship essay support from our writers. Our proficient experts format essays composed by students as well.
Top quality scholarship essay samples and examples: Do’s and Don’ts recommended by our experts
We provide high quality scholarship application essay samples and examples for the followings areas. How to write essays on those topics are also discussed here briefly.
- Scholarship essaysamples and examples about “yourself”
A sample is given below. For more scholarship essay samples and examples about “why I deserve the scholarship”, students need to avail scholarship essay writing help from us.
Why do you consider yourself the most deserving candidate to get this scholarship?
What to write?
Students need to focus on their strengths. It is required to discuss all their achievements. It is suggested to mention three accomplishments which they are the most proud of.
- i) Mentioning extra-curricular activities
- ii) Throwing light on their abilities to deal with a problem
iii) Discussing why education is important to them
- i) Beginning the introduction with a quote
- ii) Using flowery language
iii) Using jargons and abbreviated words
- Scholarship essay samples and examples on “college life”
We provide scholarship essay samples and examples for this area as well. A sample is given below.
What is the most common challenge that every college fresher face? How will you overcome that challenge?
What to write?
College freshers face several challenges (such as new environment, adjusting with classmates, increased responsibility, etc). First, it is required to mention all the issues. After that, it is suggested to point out the most common challenge (it varies person to person). Students also need to discuss how they will overcome those challenges.
- i) Writing the introduction from a generalized approach
- ii) Discussing all the challenges in detail
iii) Including some examples
- i) Highlighting petty issues
- ii) Including illogical arguments
iii) Using perfunctory sentences
For more scholarship essay questions and answers, students need to contact our support team.
- Scholarship essay samples and examples on career goals
Students who are looking for scholarship essay examples about career goals should read this section.
What are your career goals? How will you achieve those goals if you get the scholarship?
What to write?
Students need to mention their goals. It depends on the students how they will deal with the topic.
- i) Adopting a formal approach to deal with the topic
- ii) Being concise and clear
iii) Proofreading and editing the essay several times
- i) Using bombastic words
- ii) Including ambiguous sentences
iii) Writing a generic essay
- Scholarship essay samples and examples for MBA students
Students applying for MBA courses can also get samples of scholarship essays or online mba essay writing help from us. A sample is provided below.
How will your study of MBA help you become a successful professional?
What to write?
Students basically need to write how they implement their theoretical knowledge in practical life in order to attain success.
- i) Using instances
- ii) Explaining all the examples in detail
iii) Preparing an outline first
- i) Adopting a generalized approach to deal with the topic
- ii) Paraphrasing others’ viewpoints
iii) Repeating the same thing again and again
- Scholarship essay samples and examples for nursing students
We provide college scholarships essay examples and samples to the aspiring nurses as well. We boast a special team of writers who have done their majors in this field. A sample is given below.
Why do you want to be a nurse?
What to write?
It is suggested to write few lines on the profession. After that, students can state why they have chosen this profession.
- i) Stating valid points
- ii) Using quotes of professionals
iii) Including logical arguments
- i) Presenting nursing as a noble profession (everyone knows that nursing is a noble profession)
- ii) Including irrelevant sentences
iii) Introducing new aspects in the conclusion
- Scholarship essay samples and examples on social issues
Students are also asked to compose scholarship essays on various social issues. We provide winning scholarship essay samples and examples on several social issues. An example is provided below.
What is the most hotly-debated social issue that we confront today?
What to write?
Students can pick any issue. It is suggested to discuss the issue with proper examples.
- i) Explaining the issue properly
- ii) Including data and stats
iii) Beginning each paragraph with a transition word or phrase
- i) Focusing on several aspects at a time
- ii) Incorporating ambiguous words
iii) Using irrelevant examples
- Scholarship essay samples and examples for students applying for computer science courses
A sample is provided below for the better understanding of students.
What do you think the industry of computer science will be like in the next 10 years?
What to write?
It is suggested to focus on the computer science industry in detail. It is required to include data and stats.
- i) Beginning the introduction with a generalized tone
- ii) Including authentic data in the body
iii) Writing the essay in a formal, precise, and straightforward language
- i) Using unauthentic data
- ii) Including ambiguous phrases
iii) Incorporating new aspects in the conclusion.
Students can contact us for more samples and scholarship essay questions.
More scholarship essay samples and examples on general topics
Here is a list of some more scholarship essay samples.
What are the most vital issues your field is confronting today?
- Explaining all the issues in detail
- Using data, examples, and stats
- Stating own point of view
- Using ambiguous statement
- Focusing on cliché concepts
- Saying, “it has been said..”
How this scholarship will help you financially?
- Stating valid reasons
- Writing the essay in a simple and straightforward language
- Creating hook in the introduction
- Trying to be Ms. Or Mr. witty
- Using compound and complex words
Pick any controversial problem that students face in college campus and explain that issue
- Taking suggestions from experts
- Doing adequate research
- Discussing the problem in detail
- Discussing a trivial issue
- Adopting an informal approach
- Using abbreviated forms of words
For more scholarship application essay samples and example, students need to get connected with our support team.
What are the benefits that students can get to enjoy by availing scholarship essay writing help from us?
Students can get to enjoy the below mentioned facilities by availing scholarship essay writing help from our highly-qualified experts.
- We work round the clock for the convenience of the students. Our support team is 24x7 available. Students can contact them anytime for any scholarship essay related query. This team is meant for solving all the essay related issues of students
- Submitting plagiarized academic papers is a serious offense. Therefore, we maintain strict policies against plagiarism. We provide 100 percent plagiarism-free scholarship essay samples. We use authentic plagiarism detecting tools for checking each sample
- We provide scholarship essay writing help for all more than 100 topics
- Apart from providing samples of scholarship essays, we also provide reference materials. Students can refer to those help materials while writing their scholarship essays. The quality of the solutions delivered by us is top-notch. Our scholars do an extended research before drafting the